1. This site accompanies the new The Microbiology of Safe Food, 2nd Edition was released in April 2010. Areas which have been modified include:
- Bacterial genomics and bioinformatics
- Microbiological media design; chromogenic, etc.
- Detergents and disinfectants
- Microbiological risk assessment
- Foodborne pathogens
- Food additives and food contact materials (active packaging).
2. You can go to Masters for details of relevant Masters courses on microbiology, biotechnology and bioinformatics. All our research units were rated as internationally recognised in the last Research Assessment Exercise (2008) and in many cases included world-leading research.
3. My apologies for the delay in the publication of the 2nd Edition of The Microbiology of Safe Food. I had started preparing it for publication in 2007, but my personal research on the emergent pathogen, Cronobacter spp. (Enterobacter sakazakii) took precedence; see Research for details.
4. In addition, in 1998 I wrote 'Food Hygiene, Microbiology and HACCP' with Aspen Publishers (now Kluwer Academic Publishers). The Brazilian Portuguese version of the 'The Microbiology of Safe Food' has been released and the Spanish version came out in 2003. Meanwhile the Spanish version of my book 'Food Hygiene, Microbiology and HACCP' with Pat Hayes has been released by Acribia
5. My postal address is : Prof SJ Forsythe, School of Science and Technology, Nottingham Trent University, Clifton Lane, Nottingham, NG11 8NS, UK. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. If you're so inclined my cv can be accessed here.
7. I last up-dated the site in April 2010.
|Back to home site map||General microbiology home page (www.theagarplate.com)||Masters courses|